Langemarck Kreuz, ehemalige 26.Res. Korps e.v. Köln.
In excellent condition.
The “Langemarck Cross” was instituted with the permission of Adolf Hitler in 1933, by the “Kameradschaft Grünes Korps ehem. 26. Reserve Korps e.V. Köln” (Camaraderie Green Corps former 26th Reserve Corps eV Cologne). The “Green Corps” was a merger/association of former Langemarck fighters. The reserve infantry regiments 233 – 240 and the foot artillery regiments 51 and 52 were entitled to receive them. The name “Green Corps” comes from the green ribbons worn around the shoulder straps. The Battle of Langemarck, in a village in Flanders, on October 21, 1914 was later turned into a myth and glorified as the “sacrifice of the German youth”.